Ex-Pat Tax Returns

U.S. citizens living abroad are required to file annual U.S. tax returns and report their worldwide income if they meet the minimum filing requirements. As an expatriate with a tax home in a foreign country, you may be eligible to exclude a portion of your foreign-earned income from your U.S. taxes. You may be able to deduct part of your qualifying housing costs and receive a credit for income taxes paid to a foreign government.

Federal Tax Return

All expats who meet the minimum requirements for their filing status are required to file a federal tax return, regardless of where they live.

State Tax Return

If you are deemed a non resident or part year resident of the state which requires you to file a tax return, we can help you prepare and file your state return.

Form 5471

Any U.S. citizen who has at least 10% ownership in a foreign corporation, needs to file Form 5471, Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations.

FATCA Reporting

The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act ( FATCA) requires certain U.S. taxpayers who hold foreign financial assets with an aggregate value of more than the reporting threshold (at least $50,000) to report information about those assets.


The Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR) is required to be filed by individuals with foreign financial accounts if the aggregate value of those accounts exceeded $10,000 at any time during the calendar year reported.